AlterG Anti-Gravity Treadmill
The AlterG® Anti-Gravity Treadmill® represents the next stride in physical therapy and rehabilitation. The Alter-G utilizes cutting’ edge Differential Air Pressure (DAP) Technology, developed by NASA, to unweight the user and reduce the impact of walking or running. This ultimately enables patients to exercise in comfort and rehabilitate with confidence, while maintaining their natural gait to avoid bad habits that may lead to further injury.
The Alter-G is highly effective in rehabilitation and physical therapy because it also reduces impact loading on the lower extremities. The FDA has cleared the Alter-G for use in lower body injury and surgery rehabilitation, aerobic conditioning, weight control and reduction, sport specific conditioning programs and neurological retraining.
We will take your rehabilitation to the next level.
The AlterG® Anti-Gravity Treadmill® enhances our therapist’s ability to help patients recover faster and increases patient satisfaction and clinical outcomes in our practice.
- Allows patients to rehabilitate with less pain while reducing the risk of further injury, which may enable patients to heal faster.
- Provides physical therapists a precise way to track patient progress, keeping patients engaged and motivated during rehab.
- Acts as both a rehab device and wellness tool that helps patients to regain mobility, develop strength and fitness, and increase range of motion and natural movement – all while minimizing stress on injuries.
- Rehabilitation following an injury or surgery on a lower extremity (hip, knee, ankle or foot)
- Rehabilitation after total joint replacement
- Gait training and strengthening for neurological patients
- Strengthening and conditioning in a fall-safe environment for older patients
- Weight-loss programs
- Injury prevention during sport specific conditioning and fitness improvement programs
The Alter-G is also proving to be a highly effective training tool for both recreational and competitive athletes by allowing a person to train longer, run faster, gain additional strength, and enhance cardiovascular performance. Moreover, until now, there has not been an effective method for athletes to maintain high fitness levels while they are injured. The Alter-G allows injured athletes to match the aerobic intensity of their regular workouts while lowering the impact on his/her injured body during training.
The bottom line on the Alter-G treadmill is that is a very useful device for anybody who needs to achieve a higher level of conditioning with less impact as part of an overall exercise program.